Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emagic AMT-8 with Logic Pro X and Marvericks?

Hi,

Emagic AMT-8 MidiInterace is recognized as USB Midi-Interface in the Systeminformation under USB in Marvericks, but In the Midi-Audio-Setup the AMT-8 doesn't appear.

And i can't use it in Logic Pro X.

With under 10.7 and Logic Pro 9 all works fine.

Please Help.

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 5:36 AM

11 replies

Oct 25, 2013 11:11 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Yes i unplug und replug after the installation.

In the Logicuser.de forum someone said, that the amt-8 is working under Mavericks. And i should reinstall the driver. But how can i reinstall the driver? In the appstore it is not possible, here i can only see that the installtion was done.

Of course i have a backup on an external driver so i can boot with my old system and settings and with OS X 10.7 it works.

Oct 25, 2013 11:53 AM in response to MarcIT

Now i have the solution,

some is in German, because my Mavericks is German.

The automatic installtion from Apple didn't work.

Download the driver (file) from Apple (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL991).

Here we go:

Mount the Image "UnitorMIDIDriver.dmg", then open the package "UnitorMIDIDriver.pkg" (right mouse click) , show the "package content". In the folder "Contents" unzip the file "Archive.pax.gz", in there is the Midi-Driver "EmagicUSBMIDIDriver.plugin". Copy this file to your Mac in den general folder "Libary - Audio - MIDI Drives".

It is so "easy" it is, now all works fine.

Apple should take care not to copy too much from Windoofs.

Feb 10, 2014 4:07 PM in response to MarcIT

This is brilliant, and so incredibly easy! I can't even believe it.

While this may have been a no-brainer to some, I was ready to give up on my AMT 8 entirely.

I seriously didn't use it for the whole last year i was on 10.8. In fact, the only reason I discovered this is because I started doing some pre-eBay testing before placing it up for auction. Now I feel like I've just struck gold.

Excuse my excessiveness, but I still can't get over the simplicity.

Huge applause to the one who figured this out, and for you guys creating the thread. You have just breathed new life into my AMT 8.

Now, is there a software editor that will work with it?

James

Emagic AMT-8 with Logic Pro X and Marvericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.