Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting back old themes in Keynote 13

I upgraded to the new Keynote, and while I like some of the new Apple themes, I'm missing a few that they decided to get rid of. Specifcally, I used the "Imagine" and "Story" themes all the time (I teach), and now they're gone??

Is there any way to get them back?

I use keynote every single day, and I think this might be one of the biggest Apple changes I've ever had to get used to (and I've been using Macs for 20+ years)!

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 9:13 AM

If you upgraded from iWork '09, you should still have a copy of Keynote 5.x in your Applications folder. It is probably in an iWork '09 folder now. Anyways, if you still have it then you should be able to create documents using those two themes. Once you do that, you can then open them in Keynote 6 and go to "Save Theme…" in the File menu. Then you will be asked if you want add it to your theme chooser. After adding it, you will now see a My Themes tab in the theme chooser in Keynote 6. Hope that helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2013 9:13 AM in response to geek girl

If you upgraded from iWork '09, you should still have a copy of Keynote 5.x in your Applications folder. It is probably in an iWork '09 folder now. Anyways, if you still have it then you should be able to create documents using those two themes. Once you do that, you can then open them in Keynote 6 and go to "Save Theme…" in the File menu. Then you will be asked if you want add it to your theme chooser. After adding it, you will now see a My Themes tab in the theme chooser in Keynote 6. Hope that helps.

Getting back old themes in Keynote 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.