Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband 10 songs won't show in iMovie Content Library

After upgrading both Garageband and iMovie to version 10 I find that Garageband songs do not show in the iMovie library. I get the error message "19 files are missing iLife preview and unavailable". Files created using version 9 of Garageband do show up OK but having upgraded my songs to Version 10 I can no longer open them in Version 9.

Does anyone know what the issue is and whether I have something set up incorrectly?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 2:07 PM

It took me some time to figure this out: You now have to open the project and then click on Share -> Media Browser...

Depending on your project's size it take some time. But then the project will show up in the Media Browser with its song length and in Finder you can you Quicklook again to play it.

I think Apple wanted to reduce the default file size of a project. But a small hint how to create an iLife preview that is required to import a Garageband project somewhere else would have saved me a lot of time...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2013 2:07 PM in response to mgpitt

It took me some time to figure this out: You now have to open the project and then click on Share -> Media Browser...

Depending on your project's size it take some time. But then the project will show up in the Media Browser with its song length and in Finder you can you Quicklook again to play it.

I think Apple wanted to reduce the default file size of a project. But a small hint how to create an iLife preview that is required to import a Garageband project somewhere else would have saved me a lot of time...

Garageband 10 songs won't show in iMovie Content Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.