Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update to OSX Mavericks because I never used my Apple Id account in App store?

Hi there,

I have a bit troubles to upgrade to OSX Mavericks.

I can open my App Store, go to upgrades, and I can purchase the OSX Mavericks for free: "Free update".

When I click the Free Update I have to log in with my Apple Id, which I created a long time ago, but I never used it to buy something.

So, when I log in with my Apple ID it says, 'This Apple ID has not been used in the App Store, Check your account information'.

I can than 'Cancel' or 'Review', but when I cancel nothing happens, and if I click Review I have to set up the way which I want to pay something (Visa).

But I don't have any credit card, so is there anyway I can install OSX Mavericks without filling in credit card numbers and details?

I don't want to buy anything ever in the App Store, but I want my free update if it's there.

Please help me.

Greetz

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 9:00 AM

5 replies

Nov 3, 2013 6:04 AM in response to WardForPresident

There was not any answer I could find, which I think is really stupid.

You have to put some credit card data online for free updates, so you're taking risks for not any use...

Probably they would say you don't take any risk cause it's safe ... but if there was just an option to download free apps without sharing credit card data, that would be nice as well.

I used my friends credit card details so now I have Mavericks, but I think it's stupid and apple should do something about it 🙂

Have a nice day folks

Greetz

Can't update to OSX Mavericks because I never used my Apple Id account in App store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.