Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWorks update did NOT deleted the old versions

Hello folks,

I did the iWork free upgrade using the Mac App Store, it removed the old icons from aplication's folder and launch pad.

But I noticed that my Dock Icons were keept unchanged, and for my surprise they do launch the old version of the applications!

And everytime I launch the old versions they alert me about the new version and ask me if I want to update, if I do, it tries to download

the new version again!

Besides alerting apple of this bug, I would like to remove the old versions, how should I proceed ?

Thank you very much.

MacBookPro and MacPro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 8:57 AM

3 replies

Oct 25, 2013 9:07 AM in response to mende1

The idea that keeping the old versions were a "feature" and not a bug crossed my mind too.. Specially after noticing all the iOS version compatibility warnnings showed after launching the new versions..

And I must correct myself, the update did remove the old icons from LaunchPad, but not the iWork'09 folder inside applications, I just missed it cause I was looking for the icons and not a Folder.

Thanks for your reply mende1.

iWorks update did NOT deleted the old versions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.