Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported videos turn red.

Hi, I use voila for screen recording, since the update to mavericks and also an update from voila the video turn red ( looks like a filter) when I import them..this also happens in final cut pro. What could be the reason?

iMovie '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 9:13 AM

12 replies

Oct 28, 2013 4:52 AM in response to Robert-Jan van Schoonacker

You're not alone. Same thing happened to me using iShowU software. I got around the red screen problem by using iShowU's follow the mouse option. This causes the viewfinder to pan with the mouse movement and the import to iMovie then worked correctly. Older screen captures done before the Mavericks upgrade work correctly, so it seems to be something in the encoding that sources from Mavericks. Quicktime's screen capture option is also impacted.

Dec 30, 2013 11:41 PM in response to Robert-Jan van Schoonacker

This worked for me-

1. Download SmartConverter from the Mac App Store https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smart-converter/id447513724?mt=12 (i'm sure any video conversion app will work, but i used this one and it worked)

2. Convert your video to Quicktime, even if it is already in quicktime

3. Import the converted video into imovie and it should work like normal; no red tint

Feb 26, 2014 6:13 PM in response to brnlab

I recorded my screenshot using the built in quicktime on the new mavericks and imported this into FCP - this is also red - (balancing the colour sort of works, but it doesn't match true colours).

It's not voila! It's an apple issue. Hopefully they can fix this soon. (along with the inability to stop recording screen capture and instead having to quit the program simply to save)

Thanks to Michael Rygaard for his video - works a treat!! 🙂

Imported videos turn red.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.