Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One apple account with two icloud accounts

Our family has 5 devices on our apple account? I recently upgraded to 5c and found out we do not have enough memory in icloud for everything. Apple store said set up a new icloud account for my phone only. Done but now everyone else is now on my cloud. Can u have multiple iCloud's on one apple account?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 9:13 AM

Each iCloud account has a unique ID. If you want a separate iCloud account you would need to create it using a different Apple ID. You can continue to share the same ID for other services such as iTunes; the ID for these services does not need to be the same as your iCloud ID. It's recommended, however, that you do not share the same ID for iMessage and FaceTime or you will end up getting each other's text messages and FaceTime calls on your devices.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2013 9:13 AM in response to bakerfamily

Each iCloud account has a unique ID. If you want a separate iCloud account you would need to create it using a different Apple ID. You can continue to share the same ID for other services such as iTunes; the ID for these services does not need to be the same as your iCloud ID. It's recommended, however, that you do not share the same ID for iMessage and FaceTime or you will end up getting each other's text messages and FaceTime calls on your devices.

Oct 25, 2013 9:16 AM in response to bakerfamily

Only one iCloud account per AppleID. However, you can each have as many AppleIDs as you wish to (and have or get primary email addresses for), and you can use different AppleIDs for different Apple services.

Share one AppleID for use in the iTunes and App stores so you all can share purchased content. Use your own unique AppleID(s) for iCloud, iMessage and Facetime.

One apple account with two icloud accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.