Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update, but no update?

I installed Mavericks and on the first upon Mavericks installation launch of Pages, Keynote and Numbers (iWork '09) I got the pop-up message that new versions are available. After clicking on Update button the App Store started but showed no updates available. What gives?

I'm reading everywhere that Apple is now allowing free update of legacy iWork and iLife apps for everyone. I had no problem getting free update of iLife apps in App Store, but still no luck with iWork.

Any ideas why it is happening and what to do to get the updates?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 9:29 AM

4 replies

Oct 25, 2013 4:39 PM in response to andrewm8

I have learned two ways to force the Mac App Store to recognize the iWork ’09 apps originally installed from the retail DVD or licensed downloaded trial.

Sign out of your Mac App Store account, quit the Mac App Store, relaunch it & then sign in. You should then see the iWork & iLife apps with an Update button.

Open App Store on your Mac & look at the buttons under Keynote, Pages & Numbers. If it does not say “Update” click Account under Quick Links, enter your password & click “View Account.” Next, click the “Reset” button to the right of “Reset all warnings for buying and downloading” at the bottom of this page, & click Done. Check your updates tab & iWork & iLife updates should now appear.

User uploaded file

Oct 25, 2013 5:47 PM in response to Peggy

I tried your first solution dozens of times, I even reinstalled Mavericks, trashed and reinstalled iWorks '09, nothing works and iWorks apps are only available for full price for me. Same with Aperture. Reset of the account solves nothing.

On the other hand the iLife apps updates showed the very first time I launched App Store after installing Mavericks and updated successfully. But the App Store still insists in the each iLife app page and in the Purchases tab to show all 3 iLife apps with the button Install, instead of installed.

Oct 27, 2013 7:55 PM in response to andrewm8

Finally contacted Apple support and they replied to me within 48 hours but offered of no real solution.

I tried everything all over again and still nothing. Then I realized that maybe there is a problem with my Spotlight index and this is why App Store doesn't want to see my iWork installed. So, I spent few hours rebuilding the Spotlight and as soon as indexing ended the Aperture, Pages, Keynote, Numbers and iMovie showed up in the App Store Update.

The culprit was corrupted Spotlight index.

Update, but no update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.