Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is 7.0.03 safe to install

Call me paranoid, but myself along with many other users have had no end of problems (particularly wifi greyed out and high random data allowance usage due to phone randomly running its own software updates as advised by O2) apple say I have to pay for a new handset, so before I do the latest update, has anyone suffered any issues and is there anything I should know about before it screws up my iPad too?

Ta

iPad

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 10:18 AM

10 replies

Oct 25, 2013 10:25 AM in response to LouLou71

I wouldn't say its safe.

I am sitting here stuck with the phone demanding I plug into iTunes.

Yet you can't even download iTunes from iTunes.com right now. Nothing downloads.

There are support requests for that issue going back to Oct 2. Still doesn't work.

I don't have my phone backed up in iTunes, obviously. Normal people use iCloud now.

If your stuff is backed up in iCloud you are toast. Just like me.

Apparently apple forgot about iCloud with this update. I am going to have to wipe my phone clean and figure out how to get my backup from iCloud later I guess.

If I can figure out how to get a copy of iTunes software in the first place.

Painfully obvious Apple has changed ...

Oct 25, 2013 11:14 AM in response to Community User

HLT1 wrote:

I wouldn't say its safe.

I am sitting here stuck with the phone demanding I plug into iTunes.

Yet you can't even download iTunes from iTunes.com right now. Nothing downloads.

There are support requests for that issue going back to Oct 2. Still doesn't work.

I don't have my phone backed up in iTunes, obviously. Normal people use iCloud now.

If your stuff is backed up in iCloud you are toast. Just like me.

Apparently apple forgot about iCloud with this update. I am going to have to wipe my phone clean and figure out how to get my backup from iCloud later I guess.

If I can figure out how to get a copy of iTunes software in the first place.

Painfully obvious Apple has changed ...

No issues showing at http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ as far as downloading anyhing from Apple.

I think perhaps it may be a PEBCAK issue.

Is 7.0.03 safe to install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.