Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fixes for iWork + subversion woes?

iWork used to store stuff in directory bundles. This played badly with subversion. Then they switched to a single-file format. Hurray! Now they are back to directory bundles.

Does anyone have a clean solution for how to get this work with subversion?

Thanks!

iWork 5.0-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 12:02 PM

2 replies

Apr 8, 2014 11:42 AM in response to Wayne Levin

I have two solutions. I wrote the following script:

================

#!/usr/bin/env bash

svn status | egrep "[.](pages|key|numbers|graffle)/" | egrep "^[?]" | cut -c 2- | sed -e 's/^\ *//' | while read line

do

svn add "$line"

done

svn status | egrep "[.](pages|key|numbers|graffle)/" | egrep "^[!]" | cut -c 2- | sed -e 's/^\ *//' | while read line

do

svn rm "$line"

done

if [ -n "$1" ]

then

svn commit $@

else

svn commit -m"proof reading"

fi

================

Use this script to do commits. It deletes from svn any file that appears to have been deleted by an iworks app (or omnigraffle). It adds newly discovered files.

But I actually have a different solution: so many things are broken in the latest Keynote (most importantly Magic Move annimations) that I have downgraded to the earlier version.

Hope this helps, and of course I make no guarantees that this script will work for you.

Also, make sure you have a relatively recent version of svn, since older versions put a .svn directory in every folder, and this will be a problem for the script I've included.

Fixes for iWork + subversion woes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.