Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes behaving Badly!

My entire music library in iTunes was wiped. Not sure how, but it was all gone this morning. I went into Time Machine to get a copy of it. Now my music library is eating up my memory, whereas previously it wasn't. But I put it in the same folder. Where should I store my music so it doesn't eat up all my memory. It wasn't doing this yesterday. I am down to 5GB of memory left. When I turned on my laptop this morning it didn't load my preferences for the backdrop or anything of the sort. Does anybody have any idea what may be going on? Help would be deeply appreciated as I am a novice to Mac.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2 GHz Intel Core Duo Processor

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 8:34 PM

It is going to use memory, someplace. I keep mine on an external drive, a Drobo gen 2 to be exact. You might be able to keep it on a server on the internet.

2 replies

Oct 25, 2013 10:52 PM in response to Eddie Jr.

If you are having problems with space put it on an external drive or run Disk Inventory X to find out what is eating up all of your space, if the library is gone in iTunes you can open iTunes using Option + Left Click to open a previous iTunes Library back up from ~/Music/iTunes/Previous iTunes Libraries/ Since you have already copied your music back you may want to put it on an external drive for the moment to make sure that you do not have duplicate files sitting on your drive.

iTunes behaving Badly!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.