Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having an aquarium in computer room?

Hi all!
This may be an odd question, but I was thinking of getting an aquarium and putting it in my computer room at home. Does anyone know if that would cause any problems for the computer, like putting too much humidity in the air, or anything like that? I hadn't given it too much thought, but the more I've thought about it, i thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts on the matter before I go ahead and do it.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Steve

iMac 2.1 GHz PowerPc G5, Mac OS X (10.4.3), 1.5 GB Ram

Posted on Jul 5, 2006 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2006 12:13 PM

Hello,

You should be just fine with an Aquarium in there.

The only time it should be an issue is if you boil all that water.

But, just having it sit there will be fine. The rate at which it evaporates is not going to hurt your computer or introduce too much humidity.

But, if you were to boil it all at one time, then you'd have a problem with your humidity. That and your fish wouldn't last long.

Go for it.

Just don't spill the aquarium on your Mac 😉

I hope this helps.
11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2006 12:13 PM in response to Steve Scherf

Hello,

You should be just fine with an Aquarium in there.

The only time it should be an issue is if you boil all that water.

But, just having it sit there will be fine. The rate at which it evaporates is not going to hurt your computer or introduce too much humidity.

But, if you were to boil it all at one time, then you'd have a problem with your humidity. That and your fish wouldn't last long.

Go for it.

Just don't spill the aquarium on your Mac 😉

I hope this helps.

Jul 11, 2006 5:31 PM in response to Steve Scherf

Why having a real aquarium and worry about humidity when you can have a virtual aquarium with awesome graphics in your iMac Screen, it's so amazing that you really think that you have real fish inside your iMac 😉

You can find more information for your virtual aquarium here http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/1294001/wo/SL4i3 OG13FI93ovHp8fKIfrDXLs/1.0.19.1.0.8.25.7.11.0.3

Katamari

Having an aquarium in computer room?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.