Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Massive problem with audio interface

Hi there.

I recently bought a brandnew iMac 27" Haswell i7. I encountered problems with my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 audio interface. These are buzzing, clicking and noise immediately or after 3 minutes or so. I tried everything, re-installed the driveres several times, nothing, really nothing worked.

Then I bought an RME Babyface audio interface - and guess what? It's the same problem. I also have a massive sound noise after some minutes or the recording channel in Garage Band drops completely.

What is wrong here? I already tried using a different power plug, tried all USB ports, turned off WiFi, HDD sleep mode, etc. Nothing worked.

Do you have an idea?

I appeciate your help,

Adrian.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 1:29 PM

762 replies

Oct 25, 2018 1:05 AM in response to JonnyK.

I know booting off an external drive solved the problem for me. I have a one week old i7 maxed out with a 3T Fusion drive running a Focusrite Liquid Saffire. My audio would just cut off after about a minute.

I cloned the drive and boot up off an external USB3. No problems what so ever.

I do just as much Video and Photography as I do music. The fusion drive is noticeably faster with Final Cut and Aperture.

Focusrite said that a fix is coming but dont know when

Oct 25, 2018 1:05 AM in response to William Harris

For the specs I wanted the Pro with a 27 inch monitor was gonna be a bit much.

I have been recording Audio since Tape and unfortunately when new systems come out this happens It will get fixed.

I started using Mac’s in the 90’s due the the nightmare I had with PC’s.

At least it seems like every audio interface is effected, which means a fix will be out.

Im kinda digging the dual boot system. It keeps all audio separated. I might just keep it this way.

Good Luck

Oct 25, 2018 1:05 AM in response to derKlecks

Installed the Beta with no problems. Everything has been up and running with no glitches. I have a late 2013 27 iMac, i7, 3TB fusion drive with a Focusrite Liquid Sapphire 56 (Firewire to Thunderbolt adapter). I was having drop outs after 20 seconds.

I have Logic running 22 Tracks with plugs on each track in loop mode for 5 hours. No problems.

Thanks to all who have helped. My new dream machine finally works.

I wasn't as mad as some. I started recording with ProTools in the late 90s on a Windows machine, Now that was frustrating.

Oct 25, 2018 1:05 AM in response to derKlecks

Just got the Apollo Twin. Everything works flawlessly plus this thing sounds great. I have a Focusrite Sapphire 56 and still had some problem with pops and clicks even with the 13C59 beta. I will use the light pipe from from the Focusrite extra inputs but will probably now use the Twin for everything.

late 2013 iMac i7, 3TB Fusion, 32 RAM.

Jan 4, 2017 6:10 AM in response to Willzxxz

If you're just trying to record or mix, Finally found a way.. Just use the interface to input all instruments, mics etc then monitor through the aux output on the laptop. I've tried recording some clean tracks already. All in all, you might never be able to use this during live sets though unless you commit to using the aux output even in shows/live sets etc.

Feb 20, 2017 4:12 AM in response to Fmam

Hi, I've a problem with my apogee ensemble. When I use Logic 10.3 or Pro Tools 12, but also Safari, I've some clicks and poppings very often.
I've an IMac late 2013,with i7 16gb RAM and 512gb of flash memory, on OS X 10.11. My firmware is update to 1.0.0.5 and fpga 0.32. I try to reset my HD, the PRam, change Osx (I've try Sierra), change the Thunderbolt cable. But nothing. She give me many pops, but for example other interfaces on the same Pc works well. I try with a uad and a Behringer X32! What can I do? On other Mac as MacBook Pro, the Ensemble works well

Nov 23, 2017 8:55 AM in response to derKlecks

Sorry for my ehglish!

Already for several release of the Mac OS X I can not work with usb-cards. Literally after 2-3 minutes, robotic noises appear and the sound disappears. I used sound cards:

But I found a solution that helped me recently - I replaced the standard cable with ferrite rings on the cable Supra - http://www.jenving.com/products/usb-121

It may seem strange, but I hear a difference in sound when using this cable. Also solved the problem with noise.

Massive problem with audio interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.