Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Login to FaceTime for Mac

On my MBP I click on the "sign in" button and it flips back to the same login screen on FaceTime and asks again to sign in. It will not sign in at all. It's been like this for over a month now but used to work just fine (using the exact same login). It does not say I have the wrong password or any warnings in red writing (unless I do type in the wrong passward on purpose). I have had others try to login on my facetime who end up having the same problem of not logging in and no error message.

FaceTime has been working great for over a year on my MacBook Pro and then it began to have difficulty. My iPhone still works great making phone calls to the same people. I've tried loggin in and out of FaceTime on my iPhone and it works just fine but not on my Mac.

This is extremely frustraiting since there is NO error message and I have no idea what to do. I hope someone can help with this issue.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 3:54 PM

3 replies

Oct 26, 2013 6:46 PM in response to Aldin7

Same problem here with Facetime from my MacBook Pro

All of a sudden started a few days ago.

(Just when iOS 7.0.3 restored Facetime to my iPhone 4 after 4 months without it due to Apple software isues for most early iPhone 4 owners on their end)

Seems like Deja Vu all over again.

What's going on here?

I know my Apple ID and password. FAcetime is working on my iPhone now.

Help us!

Steve

Waynus started a differnt conversation here on the forums yesterday with the same problem.

Dec 11, 2013 5:24 PM in response to Aldin7

Hey all,

I had the same issue, and managed to fix it after a lot of effort. My fix was pretty basic, what worked in the end for me was going into System Settings > Users & Groups. I had originally signed in with an Apple ID to my account, so I went in and removed it there. For whatever reason, that enabled my FaceTime to sign back in!

For the record, this is exactly what my problem was:

1. FaceTime would continually bounce back to the login screen, even though I am sure my account info was correct (working on iMessages, iCloud, and iTunes on my Mac, and FaceTime was working on my phone as well)
  2. I noticed that when I logged in to a Guest account on my mac, FaceTime would log in without issue.
  3. I had checked all of the other suspects mentioned on here (I have never replaced my motherboard, my Time Zone was set to check automatically and was in the correct area, and the issue persisted on WiFi, landline, and Firewall On/Off)

Hope that helps some of you, good luck. I know I was frustrated as could be.

Sep 11, 2016 8:28 AM in response to Aldin7

I had this same problem, spent an hour on the phone with two representatives - was finally told to update my OS. No. Not going to do that - not THAT, for Face Time. Especially if it's working on my phone...

The issue was this: I have two-step authorization enabled. You must use the SAME ONE-USE 2-STEP PASSWORD for BOTH iMESSAGE AND FACE TIME.

-Sign out of iMessage.

-Revoke the 2-Step password you were previously using for iMessage.

-Log back into iMessage with your Apple ID and basic password. It will prompt you to create a 2-step password.

-Create a new 2-Step Password.

-Copy it and use it to sign into iMessage.

-Now, open Face Time and use your Apple ID - but ENTER THE SAME 2-STEP PASSWORD you used for iMessage.

This worked for me. Hope it helps you.

Can't Login to FaceTime for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.