Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else having sound issues after updating? Sound doesn't work.

Ever since I updated to Maverick my sound isn't working. Help!

MacBook Air, Mac OS 9.0.x

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 4:26 PM

8 replies

Oct 27, 2013 1:31 AM in response to lau3210

I am having the same issue. Reboot hs resolved it for now, but a reboot on each wake up is a no go!

I do have airparrot (don't know how to uninstall) installed still following upgrade of hardware to latest airbook (MacBook Air, 2013 by restore from 2011 hardware backup) which I have just upgraded to Mavericks. It was previously working with no problems at all.

Feb 28, 2015 1:18 PM in response to lau3210

I have found a solution for anyone having audio issues (mainly sound deterioration in all music related applications/software). After troubleshooting for a month (and getting mad), I found something. When I upgraded to Mavericks thats when the issue arose. I managed to downgrade to Mountain Lion (since my new Mac shipped with Mountain Lion) although Im not sure its necessary to downgrade once you do what I did to fix the noise issue. This is more for Pro-Tools users and those who use Digidesign interfaces (I have an Mbox 2 Mini). I have Pro-Tools 8.03, but I uploaded a newer driver update for Pro-Tools 9, and everything is fixed now. There are certainly compatibility issues with OSX and third party software and devices, and both Apple and Avid (Digidesign) don't want to deal with anyone that does'nt want to upgrade to the newest stuff, but for those of us that cannot afford to upgrade and need to work, this is a solution.

Check your drivers!

Anyone else having sound issues after updating? Sound doesn't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.