Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deauthorizing

How do I deauthorize itunes on all of my computers?

Windows 8, itunes

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 5:21 PM

4 replies

Mar 21, 2015 7:04 AM in response to diesel vdub

I found that guide to deauthorize all computers to be kind of unhelpful. Throughout the page there are links that take you to where it thinks you need to go. I clicked one to show me how to deauthorize all, and it gave some info that was flat out wrong. I had to scroll back to a duplicate section that actually had the information I needed. So for those who need to know

1) Go to the menu bar. It should say "File" "Edit" "View" "Control" "Store" and "Help". You want to select STORE. If you can not see this menu bar, it might be hidden. You can hit ctrl + B to toggle the bar on and off.

2) Go to "View Account" under the "Store" option.

3) Enter your Apple ID and password.

4) It will then take you to the page with your Apple ID summary. This will tell you how many computer authorizations you have, as well as a few other things. Towards the bottom of the page and on the right side, you will see a button called "Deauthorize all". THAT is the button you want.

* To Apple* THIS ^^^ is more helpful than your instructions, which were:

Deauthorize all computers

Open iTunes on one of your authorized computers.

1. Click Store > Sign In.
  2. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. Click Deauthorize All.
    User uploaded file

Items in red are wrong.

I did not deauthorize from an authorized computer - that step is completely unnecessary.

The button is "View Account" not "sign in"

Deauthorizing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.