Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated or Not?

Updated to Mavericks. Today, the machine alerted that I had a bunch of updates available and I installed them. Now there are no updates available.User uploaded file

Here is the existing Pages.

User uploaded file

But I tried to open an existing Pages document and was told that I needed a newer Pages.

User uploaded file

I clicked on the Learn More and get this.

User uploaded file

Are all my Pages documents hostage to the new Pages? Do I have to pay $20 to get my own documents from last week? What to do?

Thanks

Pages '09-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 6:10 PM

7 replies

Nov 2, 2013 8:34 AM in response to Dr. Dave

I guess I'm not holding my mouth right. The icon in the dock can no longer be dragged off - poof - but can be unchecked "show in dock" as an option. I did that. Go to the Applications folder, click on iWorks. Right click on pages and putting it in the dock is not an option but creat an alias is. Creat an alias and drag that alias to the dock.

Close everything out. Click Pages in the dock and the older version comes up. It cannot open a newly created (created since Mavericks was installed) document. Close everything out and go to the App > iWorks, click Pages. It opens and can open the newly created document. Maybe I'm wearing an incorrect underwear color?

Nov 2, 2013 1:58 PM in response to Inqursion

Inqursion: You are exactly correct. When I moved to Mavericks, new editions of Numbers, Keynote, and Page were installed. The old versions remained, much to my confusion. Why would Apple do that? Anyway, I have Apple Care so I called Apple and we were able to figure it out. How the new versions got there is a mystery because my machine was purchased before the cutoff date for getting the new versions for free; I sure didn't pay for them. But they did appear. Go figure.

Updated or Not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.