5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2014 3:05 AM by bwe9604mbp
raulqr Level 1 Level 1

My iPhone 5s will not Bluetooth pair with my MacBook Pro running Mavericks. Any solutions out there?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3, MacBook Pro with OS X Mavericks
  • Barry Hemphill Level 8 Level 8
    expertise.peripherals
    Peripherals

It cannot.

Barry

• Ducman Level 1 Level 1

same here, just curuios why?

• Barry Hemphill Level 8 Level 8
    expertise.peripherals
    Peripherals

Hello just curious.

At the risk of oversimplifying, that is the way it is designed.  I am not an engineer or a strategic marketing planner, so the why is not in my answer book. 

Barry

• βασιλεύς Level 1 Level 1

Hi,

you can do it with tethering. There you can chose between WiFi, Bluetooth and USB.

Then it works.

• bwe9604mbp Level 1 Level 1

Am amazed about the unqualified answers in this post!
    The correct answer after trying for the n-tieth time is: Bluetooth pairing with Macbook Pro (Mavericks) and iPhone 5 DOES NOT WORK, period. With previous Macbook OS there was no problem. Now, to use the network / Internet access capabilities of iPhone 5 if you do not have access to any other WLAN, connect the iPhone with a USB cable, activate WLAN and Tethering (Hotspot),

read the WLAN password that appears on the Hotspot/WLAN display page. Start system settings on the Macbook Pro, select WLAN and connect to the iPhone 5 WLAN, enter the password you have read on the iPhone device - then you can access the the available network / Internet connection from your phone provider.

Hopefully Apple cares to remedy this Bluetooth pairing problem soon, since 1000's have the same tiring problem.

Good luck!