Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where the heck did my mail app red badge icon go?

I have like 10+ unread email messages that I didn't know about becaue I was not notified via the red badge ont he mail app. It just doesn't appear anymore ever since I updated to Mavericks. How do I get it back!?!?

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 8:27 PM

bump!

5 replies

Oct 30, 2013 6:21 AM in response to 3lite

I had this issue, and tried the suggestion posted by Swish17 here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3201921?answerId=15704990022#15704990022

Even though this is an old post from when they upgraded to Lion, it worked. It took a while for everything to reindex, but after it was done, mail badge was back.

1. Quit Mail if it’s open.

2. In ~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData, delete any file that begins with “Envelope Index,” such as Envelope Index or Envelope Index-shm.

Your home Library folder is hidden by default. To display it, choose Finder > “Go to Folder” and then enter “~/Library.”

3. Open Mail.

Mail creates new Envelope Index files. This process may take a few minutes, depending on how many messages Mail is reindexing.

Where the heck did my mail app red badge icon go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.