Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Doesn't Finish Sync After Mavericks Upgrade

I have a 4S that is running iOS 7.0.3. When connected to the Mac two things fail to happen:

1 - iTunes doesn't launch and I have to manually do so

2 - The Sync is stuck in "Finish Sync" and the only way out without quitting iTunes is to tell the app to run a backup

Any thoughts

--Mitch

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), SSD 8Gb RAM i7

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 7:57 PM

Open iTunes when press Command , (comma) to open iTunes preferences then select the Devices tab.

Deselect: Prevent iPods, IPhone, and iPads from syncing automatically

Reset your iPhone.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Then try syncing.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2013 7:57 PM in response to Mitch Wayne

Open iTunes when press Command , (comma) to open iTunes preferences then select the Devices tab.

Deselect: Prevent iPods, IPhone, and iPads from syncing automatically

Reset your iPhone.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Then try syncing.

Oct 28, 2013 1:03 PM in response to Mitch Wayne

OSX Mavericks It's true that 'SyncServices' feature in OS X Mavericks is no longer availible but you can still use CardDAV servers, CalDAV servers, and servers that utilize the Exchange ActiveSync protocol to get the job done. Like · Reply · 2 hours ago

• David S. Kapp I DONT HAVE ANY SERVERS! I AM ONE GUY WITH AN IPHONE AND A IMAC COMPUTER THAT IS NOW AS USEFUL AS A BOAT ANCHOR! YOU HAVE JUST COMPLETELY ****** UP MY OFFICE AND MY LAW PRACTICE. HOW ABOUT A HELPFUL RESPONSE!?!?!

<Link Edited By Host>

iPhone Doesn't Finish Sync After Mavericks Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.