Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to upgrade my brand new iPad?

I just received my iPad 4 yesterday.I am a teacher and trying to find apps that are useful. I purchased the iWork app, but it is not user friendly and I have not been able to use for any lesson planning. To make this app work I have to purchase one of three other programs, each costing 9.99. I am needing to work and was going to bit the bullet and by an additional app when I go an error message stating that I need to upgrade to ios 7. Is this upgrade necessary? Is iWork the best app? Can the Pages app be use independent of other apps?

Thanks for any and all help.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 9:25 PM

3 replies

Oct 25, 2013 9:32 PM in response to Sue Diaz

The Apple productivity apps, including Pages are included with iOS7, so it may be worth the upgrade to get those. You definitely do not "have to" upgrade. Before you do, you might want to read over some of the problems others have posted about on this site to see if it is worth it. Having a newer iPad, you are likely to have fewer issues, but there is no way to be sure.

Do I need to upgrade my brand new iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.