Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dark spots iPhone 5S

Hi their,
I've been having quite a few issues with my iPhone 5S these past couple of weeks. Initially the iPhone 5S that I had purchased as quite bad back-light bleeding on the top and bottom of the screen, and was quite noticable in dark environments, as anyone was able to pick up on the back-light bleeding. I took the phone back to the Apple store, and they replaced the phone after quite a hefty argument due to them being reluctant in replacing the product... The new replacement that I have now, has an acceptable level of backlight bleeding that I am very happy with, however I have dark spots surrounding the screen, most noticable on the top of the screen... As iOS7 is based around white background, it makes matters worse and it's most noticable on a white background. My older iPhone 4 has absoulutely no problems with backlight bleeding, LED or LCD issues through the whole period I used it, up from launch day to a few months ago. I've taken some photos of my iPhone 5S' dark spots as well as my iPad 4 as a comparison;

iPhone 5S:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1JNDxg5xsrJRzFDZWpHMVBwdkE&usp=sharing

iPad 4:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1JNDxg5xsrJMWV5RXhWSGQyUUk&usp=sharing

I have also noticed that when viewing my iPhone from a tilt their is a shadowy glow on the top of the screen, of which my iPad, nor iPhone, nor my previous iPhone 5S had... I understand that IPS screen, are not supposed to have this black, shadowy, perspective. Its just quite annoying as I can pin-point the LED's on the top of the screen quite easily... I may be very picky, but I've signed up to a two year contact with this phone..

I would love any opinions that anyone may have in regards to this, thank you!

Do you think I should put up with it? Take it to the Apple Store for a replacement? I understand this is all because Apple uses LCD as their screen, but surely they shouldn't be of such poor quality - deeming the fact that my iPad was replaced three times, phone already replaced once?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 9:31 PM

7 replies

Oct 27, 2013 5:11 PM in response to gdgmacguy

I went to the Apple store yesterday, the customer service is fantastic however the quality of the products are far below standards. I had my iPhone 5S initially replaced, and from then forth another replacement was issued as the 'replaced' iPhone 5S had severe light leakage out of the actual phone case as well as the proximity sensor. The iphone I currently have now I'm very happy with though! I'm just amazed at how many replacements I have needed to get for both my ipad and iphone... But nonetheless, apple customer service is AMAZING! They are really all about making the customers happy!

Dark spots iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.