Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to upgrade for free iLife and iWork old version which have not been bought on the APP Store

I am unable to upgrade for free iLife and iWork old versions which have not been bought on the APP Store; any solution?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 11:52 PM

4 replies

Oct 26, 2013 12:25 AM in response to Docjr08

As part of its efforts to ensure that all eligible software owners are able to upgrade to the latest versions of its software on the Mac App Store, Apple is intentionally allowing users with any version of Aperture, iLife and iWork installed on their system to upgrade to the latest versions on the Mac App Store -- even illegally acquired or trial versions. And mine isoftware s not illegal but just pre-installed when I bougth my iMac.

Oct 26, 2013 12:39 AM in response to Corrado from Vs

If you attached the previous versions to your apple ID that you use for MAS purchases, you can find the previous versions of the applications in your Purchases tab, it should allow you to update to the newer versions after those apps have been installed. It probably just checks to see if they are installed and automatically provides the updates, or at least that's how it was for me. Although I owned the previous versions of iWork as well.

Oct 26, 2013 12:54 AM in response to Docjr08

The App store recognizes that on my machine the products are installed but the answer I got is as follows:

"Numbers 1.0.3 is already installed and was not purchased from the Mac APP Store.

Do you want to buy Numbers 3.0?"

In other words the Store knows that the product is installed but instead of proceeding with the free update it ask if I want to buy the new version

I am unable to upgrade for free iLife and iWork old version which have not been bought on the APP Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.