Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maya 2009 crashes whenever I click any of the top menu bar elements (File...)

User uploaded file

Maya starts as it did in previous 4 OSX main versions. Yes it has licensing problems since long ago but I learned to make it work and app works perfect. I do not intend spend another thousands of dollars for new version as I don't use it so often but with OSX Mavericks I have a really big problem which I'd never expect. When I click top menu bar item (any but the Apple logo) Maya instantly disappears.

Console shows the message below:

Oct 26 10:05:16 cgartists-eu.local Maya[16433]: CGSDisplayID: App trying to enumerate [0 to CGSGetNumberOfDisplays()] instead of using CGSGetDisplayList(). Compensating...

Oct 26 10:05:16 cgartists-eu.local Maya[16433]: Client is attempting to access a display by index (1) instead of display ID.

Tried this many times now, with no apps opened. I will try fresh OSX install within a week but something tells me this will not solve this issue.

Can anyone help? Is there any workaround I can use? Again - I can't afford buying new Maya license and I think I should be able to upgrade my OS.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 1:13 AM

6 replies

Oct 26, 2013 2:15 AM in response to Saikrishnan G

Thanks Saikrishnan for reply - tried deleting Maya preferences already with no success.

If reinstall it must be then I will do it after I change my mac's drive this week - will come back with results then.

I suspect some change in Mavericks compared to Mountain Lion that affects the way app must interact with OS regarding window display or something - it may be that eventually that bug may be solved only by future OSX update - I hope this affects more apps as it would raise chances that this will be solved. At this point I really don't blam Apple - I do blame Autodesk for the lack of support and crazy prices on their products.

Oct 27, 2013 2:09 AM in response to gimpleson

Yes gimpleson! I even taped the top menu with that blurry scotch white tape not to click it accidentally and I learn to use the spacebar menu. I also installed autosave script just in case but it all is quite annoying... Apple could put a solution in the next update of OSX as it is probably something small. List of changes did not include anything potentially causing that weird bug. After all not much changed visually...

Nov 9, 2013 8:45 PM in response to Saikrishnan G

Ok - for the record. Reinstalling Mavericks completely fresh, Reinstalling Maya completely fresh (well apart from all the quirks with disabling OS version verification) - I started fresh.

Maya behaves 100% the same. I also discovered big problems with rendering and memory availability to Maya - scenes rendered before are not having huge issues with memory - I suppose it is the new beautiful memory compression or something.

Not happy and, again, will have to struggle even more to be able to use Maya. I suppose it is Autodesk's way of punishing me for buying Maya instead of stealing it as I probably should.

Maya 2009 crashes whenever I click any of the top menu bar elements (File...)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.