Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband (iPad) to iMovie?

Can anyone advise me how to send recordings made with GB on my iPad to iMovie also on the same iPad?

I don't want to use my laptop and iTunes at all in the process.

I found that I can email the song to myself and open it in iMovie but the song is only stored on that one particular movie and not reuseable in others (unless I re-mail it again).

iPad, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 5:08 AM

I found this guidance which solves my problem:

In garage band, touch and hold the song you have until it jiggles. Some output controls will appear at the top. The rectangle and arrow is the one you want. One of the choices is to move it to I movie. You can do the whole deal without visiting your computer or iTunes.

I used the share-symbol and it opened up for dharing with iMovie. Excellent - but documentation leaves a bit to hope for.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2013 5:08 AM in response to Micke-49

I found this guidance which solves my problem:

In garage band, touch and hold the song you have until it jiggles. Some output controls will appear at the top. The rectangle and arrow is the one you want. One of the choices is to move it to I movie. You can do the whole deal without visiting your computer or iTunes.

I used the share-symbol and it opened up for dharing with iMovie. Excellent - but documentation leaves a bit to hope for.

Garageband (iPad) to iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.