Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete synced photos on my iPad

Hi all, I synced a single folder of photos to my iPad a few weeks ago to take and show family on a recent trip. Now I'm back I want to remove them - the problem is un-syncing them via iTunes doesn't work - it asks me if I want to delete them, iTunes shows the sync is removed, but when I open the photos app on the iPad they're still there!

My wife subsequently deleted the folder, thinking that I'd finished with them, and so now I don't know how to get rid of them apart from doing a global reset of the iPad and then reinstalling all the apps on iTunes. Any better ideas?

Thanks, James

iMac 27 in 2.8 GHZ i7, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 3:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 4:51 AM

If you want to delete all synced photos from your iPad then try selecting and syncing an empty folder from your computer.

7 replies

Jan 26, 2014 5:42 PM in response to jetset95

I also had large number of photos synced to the iPad and remained there even though I unchecked the "Sync Photos from iPhoto" option. The delete button within the Photos app was disabled so the photos couldn't be deleted from the app. I guess it was because the photos were synced from the iPhoto library therefore the delete button was disabled.

Finally I tried checked the "Sync Photos from iPhoto" option again, but chose the "Selected albums, Events, and Faces, and automatically include 'no Events'" option. After syncing, all photos except those taken by the iPad were removed.

Hope this would help similar situations.

Can't delete synced photos on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.