Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server App 3.0: no existing connection from which credentials can be copied

Upgraded from Mountain Lion Server which was working just fine. Now running Mavericks Server, I launch Server and under the Users section I go to add Local Network User and when I click save, I get the error message "no existing connection from which credentials can be copied." The user is created, but the Server app crashes. When I re-open the Server 3.0 app and go back to the Users section, I see the new user has been added but when I go to test a connection with the new user/credentials I am unable to login. Resetting a password from within the drop down menu does not work either.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Mac mini (Mid 2011), OS X Server

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 3:03 AM

16 replies

Oct 28, 2013 12:32 PM in response to charliefromnew milford

I made big error of upgrading my MAC Mini Server runin Mountain Lion (10.8) to "Maverick's" (10.9). I found out that I also had to spill out $19.99 for the new MAC OS X Server App. Thanks Apple . . . . . After the upgrade I have the same situation as described above by charliefromnew milford

Yesturday although my MAC did not have any pending software upgrades, I noticed that the OS X server had an update. I applied the OS X Server update and now the the app does not crash, but we are getting the "no existing connection from which credentials can be copied" error. I have the same problem. I also have the problem that network users cannot access file shares/Time Machine Server.

An sudgestions??

Oct 29, 2013 6:15 AM in response to charliefromnew milford

Same exact problem. In the end I backed up critical data, destroyed the OD Master & started over. Lame.

I did a clean install of 10.9, migrated data back using the Migration Asisstant at first boot (from a block copy clone of the boot drive), and then upgraded the server bits by downloading Server App v3 from the 'Store. Everything seemed to be ok until I ran into this issue.

Nov 7, 2013 6:55 PM in response to charliefromnew milford

I resolved this by deleting my Open Directory Master, and thus deleting all the user & groups. I created a new Open Directory Master when I turned the service back on. I don't have a solution for environments with too many users to do this for, so all users and groups have to be RECREATED. If you try this, BE SURE TO FIRST ARCHIVE THE EXISTING OPEN DIRECTORY MASTER as a precaution so what I've outlined can be undone.

Dec 8, 2013 11:16 AM in response to Abu Abdo

I solved my probelm. since i upgraded to Mavericks i started geting some errors like " existing connections is not authenticated: Password change is denied" and " no existing connection from which....". i followed this http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5289. and it solved my problem. simply run this code:

sudo touch /var/db/openldap/migration/.rekerberize

sudo killall PasswordService

and then re open your Server app.

good luck

Apr 7, 2014 1:01 PM in response to charliefromnew milford

I our case the resolution was correcting the hostname and computer name. In the initail install of the server, the hostname was entered incorrectly. Once they were corrected everything worked (see image below). Just run the server app, select the server and make sure that the host name is correct. In our case the hostname macprensa.local Once the host name and computer name were corrected and the server re-booted everything worked. Hope this helps

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.