Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cd drivers missing

CDs are not recognized by ITunes or my computer but DVDs and data CD are fine it will not burn ether giving me an error 4450 on Itunes. I have reinstalled Itunes CD drivers and removed filters but nothing works.

I am using Windows Vista home basic on a Toshiba satelite L30 it has a Matshita UJ-850S super drive. The only thing I really need to do is import music CDs on to Itunes. Please help.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 4:20 AM

4 replies

Nov 6, 2013 5:55 AM in response to ariel s

Hi Ari. I'm sorry to have troubled you, it eventually turned out to be a hardware problem. I removed the drive and thoroughly cleaned it using a solvent (window cleaner) on the lens and it reads audio CD's fine now, also the diagnostics on I tunes is showing all's well. However It still has a problem with some tracks where it freezes and I need to Ctr Alt Del and then restart Itunes. I'll keep searching I think it must be an incompatibility between Windows and Mac.

Thank you verry much for all your kind help best regards Bannister

PS I think I need to get a Mac.

Cd drivers missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.