Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard

After installing maverick (iMac 2010) my keyboard shuts down my computer once I press any button.

Please help me!

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 6:15 AM

1 reply

Oct 28, 2013 7:26 AM in response to Pepparkaka

Hey Pepparkaka,

I would try out these troubleshooting steps:

• If you use a wireless Bluetooth keyboard, make sure it is turned on when the computer starts up. You may need to check the battery levels, too. See this article for more troubleshooting information.
  • Disconnect and reconnect your keyboard. Make sure that the connector is completely inserted into the port. (USB plugs fit into ports one way only, and won't allow you to make a connection if you try to connect them upside-down.) Test the keyboard again.
  • Connect your keyboard to a different USB port.
  • Try a different keyboard with your computer if possible, or your keyboard with a different Mac.
  • Try logging into a different user account. If the issue does not occur when logged into a different user account, then troubleshoot for software issues.
  • Open Universal Access preferences (in System Preferences) and click the Mouse tab. Verify that Mouse Keys is Off, as shown below. (With Mouse Keys on you can use the keyboard or the numeric keypad keys to move the mouse, however normal keyboard functionality will be disabled until the Mouse Keys feature is turned off.)

via: One or more keys on the keyboard do not respond

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1381

Take care,

Delgadoh

Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.