Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Choosing Os ofter bootcamp

I have recently run the boot camp on my mac and installed windows 7.

When i start up the computer, it doesn't give me an option of which OS i would like to use and takes me directly to windows 7.

If anyone could help me out on this one it would be much appreciated?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 11:48 AM

Hey mark2675,

I found the following information about choosing which operating system functions as the default:

10. How do I choose which operating system will start up my Mac?

After running Boot Camp Assistant and installing Microsoft Windows and Boot Camp drivers, press and hold the Option (Alt) key while you start up your Mac to switch between Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X operating systems. Use the Startup Disk control panel in Windows or Mac OS X Startup Disk preferences to set the default operating system to use each time the computer starts up.

via: Boot Camp 4, OS X Lion and Mountain Lion: Frequently asked questions

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4818

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Delgadoh

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2013 11:48 AM in response to mark2675

Hey mark2675,

I found the following information about choosing which operating system functions as the default:

10. How do I choose which operating system will start up my Mac?

After running Boot Camp Assistant and installing Microsoft Windows and Boot Camp drivers, press and hold the Option (Alt) key while you start up your Mac to switch between Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X operating systems. Use the Startup Disk control panel in Windows or Mac OS X Startup Disk preferences to set the default operating system to use each time the computer starts up.

via: Boot Camp 4, OS X Lion and Mountain Lion: Frequently asked questions

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4818

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Delgadoh

Choosing Os ofter bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.