Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 Install failed - Boot camp partition to NTFS during formatting worked but when i clicked onto the 'next' button, it won't allow me to proceed any further. Help!

Hi there,

I used the following manual (http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1583/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_ 10.7.pdf) in attempt to install windows 7 onto my mac but I get an error at Step 3 - windows installation process

I selected the BOOTCAMP partitioned drive as mentioned, clicked the advance options, and then reformatted that drive. What happens next is the drive changes name from BOOTCAMP to 'untitled'. I then tried to click 'next' button but it won't let me proceed any further and didn't state clearly why it couldn't go through (instead says to check the log file for reason why - but then I have not clue where this log file is located in as well!).

I had a look at that partitioned drive after to find that it is NTFS format (when I went back to OS x) so it appears that I am doing the right thing so that shouldn't be the issue..

Does anyone know what could be wrong? or what I should try to do next?

Could it be a format error because when i click onto the 'untitled' drive, there is nothing in there.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 6:48 AM

There are no replies.

Windows 7 Install failed - Boot camp partition to NTFS during formatting worked but when i clicked onto the 'next' button, it won't allow me to proceed any further. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.