Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost all my music on iTunes, and all it says is this: The song “(music title)” could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?

So I had my laptop for less than a year, its a mac air 13'' mid 2012 and recently i have updated my software, and when i looked on to my itunes to listen to my 1200 pieces music, i couldnt find any of my music... when i click on the icons where my music album used to be...

Ex: TDCC's "Becon" <- thats an album i own... it tells me that: The song "...(name of the song") could not be used becasue the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?: and after i press locate it leads me to an empty music folder in my finder...

PLEASE HELP ME... I PAID FOR ALL THEM SONGS...

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), iTunes problem

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 7:03 AM

2 replies

Oct 28, 2013 1:56 PM in response to xxCreepyFiaxx

Hey xxCreepyFiaxx,

First, I would try the following suggested steps for when you don't see content in iTunes after updating:

1. Quit iTunes.
  2. Download and install the latest version of iTunes.
  3. Use the Finder (Mac) or Windows Explorer (Windows) to go to the iTunes folder that contains the iTunes library files:
    Mac OS X
    /Users/username/Music/iTunes/
    Microsoft Windows Windows XP and Windows 2000
    \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\
    Microsoft Windows Windows Vista and Windows 7
    \Users\username\Music\iTunes\
  4. Drag the iTunes Library file from the above location to the Desktop.
  5. Open the Previous iTunes Libraries folder in the iTunes folder.
  6. Locate the file named iTunes Library YYYY-MM-DD where YYYY-MM-DD is the date you upgraded iTunes (Year-Month-Day).
  7. Drag this file to the iTunes folder (the enclosing folder).
  8. Rename this file to iTunes Library.
  9. Open iTunes.

You should now see your missing content in iTunes.

via: No content shows up in iTunes after updating
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1967

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then I'd go through the steps in here:

iTunes: Finding lost media and downloads

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1408

Have a good one,

Delgadoh

I lost all my music on iTunes, and all it says is this: The song “(music title)” could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.