Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9 isn't installing in Mavericks

Hello, everyone. I don't know why I get this error message at the almost end of the Logic Pro 9 install… I've been trying to install it several times with the same result… I won't upgrade to Logic X because one of my VST is 32-bit and I can't use it in Logic X (and no money, too). So can anyone tell me if OS X Mavericks is supporting Logic 9 or not?

Thank you.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 6:45 AM

26 replies

Oct 26, 2013 7:03 AM in response to luis rogelio

LP9 v9.1.8 does work with Mavericks but I don't know if the Logic Studio installer for LP9 has any issues with Mavericks..

It could also be ther DVD disk itself has a problem for example... have you tried creating a DMG from the DVD and installing from that instead to rule out any physical DVD problems?

Or.. if it is a software issue... related to the installation routine..

Have you tried using Pacifist to manually install?

Failing that, you can just roll back to your previous configuration.. assuming you made full backups before upgrading to Mavericks. You did make backups didn't you?

Oct 26, 2013 7:48 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hi, and thank you for your answer.

I'm installing from a DMG created from the DVD disk, and there's where I have the problem. I haven't tried Pacifist since I don't know what to install from the DVD and how to use that software (if you have a tutorial or something like that I'll appreciate if you share to me 🙂.

I made a clean install of Mavericks and have all my information (not configurations) backed up.

Nov 7, 2013 7:31 PM in response to luis rogelio

I was having the same problem. A quick look at the logs in the Console revealed to me that it was actually a GateKeeper problem - it simply doesn't let the Apple Installer program install Logic Pro 9, as it is unsigned.

I set it to "Allow applications downloaded from anywhere" in "Security and Privacy" System Preferences and I am currently installing from the original DVDs!

Nov 8, 2013 3:07 AM in response to FrankNoWar

Hi, this may sound like a stupid question but I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to Macs.

Saw the OS X Maverick thing in the app store the other night so (naively) went and downloaded and installed it.

When I booted up my LP9 desktop item had a grey "no entry" stamp over the top of it.

Do I have to re-install LP9?

Also, I'm a bit worried about losing my LP9 projects so am gonna back them up onto an external hard drive first but am not 100% sure which folders I need to backup.

Seriously thinking about just doing a fresh install of leopard or lion or whatever large scarey feline came with the laptop and then installing LP9 from fresh. It's all I use the Macbook for anyway!

Nov 8, 2013 6:39 AM in response to Cookie_396

No, Cookie. When you upgrade your Mac you don't have to reinstall all your software, it's just that some Applications that are a little bit old, aren't compatible with your version of OS X, and you must update them in order to use them with your new OS X.

That's the case of Logic Pro 9, because the version 9.0 isn't compatible since OS X Lion, that's why you must update to version 9.1.5 or the latest one which is 9.1.8

That's what I was talking about.

Nov 8, 2013 9:45 AM in response to Cookie_396

Cookie,

Make sure your Logic Pro app is named Logic Pro and not something like Logic Pro 9.1

If it is not named Logic Pro please rename it and then try and update again....

Also double check yourself that the Logic Pro app is in your applications folder... as it can get accidentally moved.

Finally, right click on your Logic Pro app (The one in your applications folder.. and not the shortcut in your dock) and select get info from the pop up menu.. and see what version your actually have installed of Logic Pro.

Nov 8, 2013 11:03 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your time in helping me.

That's what I am trying to say, there is no Logic Pro app in the applications folder.

If I search for logic pro in finder all it returns are the loops I created.

The desktop icon now has a big white circle with a diagonal line slapped over it.

iWorks has gone too. It's almost like apps I downloaded from the store (garageband, image tricks etc.) have been retained but anything I installed from disc is gone!

Nov 8, 2013 11:23 AM in response to Cookie_396

Okay.. Look at the root of your system drive.. and look for a folder called Incompatible Software. Look in there and see if you can see your LP9 app in there.. If it's there, drag it back into Applications and then run software updates...

Mavericks doesn't delete any apps... so what you are seeing isn't normal...

When you say the desktop icon... do you mean the icon in the Dock? Or on the desktop itself?

Logic Pro 9 isn't installing in Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.