Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CleanMyMAc Removal

I once tried this app and then removed it shortly after. BUT, I keep getting a notification to run it.... How do I remove this notification? It is a "pita".

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 150 GB

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 7:55 AM

http://macpaw.com/knowledgebase/cleanmymac/how_to_uninstall_cleanmymac

Good luck - don't use such junk in the future.

Clinton

7 replies

May 4, 2014 4:14 PM in response to purplebyrd

Well, I made the same mistake and was unable to remove it. Finally, I decided to completely erase my hard drive and start all over brand new. It was less fun than root canal.

1. Deleted the contents of my Time Machine drive and converted it to a regular external drive.

2. Copied all of my data files (and ONLY data files) to the external drive.

3. Physically disconnected the external drive.

4. Shut down the Mac.

5. Did a CMD-R restart of the Mac.

6. COMPLETELY erased the Mac's HD.

7. Reloaded Mavericks OS.

8. Connected the external drive.

9. Copied all data files to the Mac's HD.

10. Erased external drive.

11. Changed external drive to be a Time Machine drive.

12. All of the above took a full 16-hour day.

13. Spent the next three days configuring the OS and reloading applications preferences, user IDs, passwords, etc.

Like I said, it was less fun than root canal.

Nov 15, 2015 2:29 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Sorry to be at the "party" this late but I'm hit by the same annoying popup telling me I should run CleanMyMac ("It's time to clean your Mac!")

I too gave it a quick try, months ago, decided it was not what I wanted and uninstalled it. From that moment on at regular times this message pops up at the top of my screen.

Unfortunately the advise given on the mapaw site (you are referring to via that link) assumes you have this piece of software ("CleanMyMac") still installed on your system, which I haven't! Somehow however it has setup this annoying notification popup mechanism behind on my system.

I really tried to find any traces of this piece of software (using find on command line) but up until now unsuccessful.

What should I do? Should I re-install this "CleanMyMac" app, just in order to get my hands on that uninstall-functionality again (even though I am pretty sure I used this very same feature initially when uninstalling it) or does anybody out here have any other and better advise (as re-installing doesn't sound appealing to me)?

Any advise would be welcomed.

Jan.

CleanMyMAc Removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.