Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuous scrolling not working in Calendar month view

Scrolling does not work in Calendar month view. I have toggled System Preferences >General > Show scroll bars to "Always on." Still nothing in Calendar month view.

BUT, wait! Now every other app (except Calendar month view) now has the scroll bar "Always on" even though I toggled back to "Automatically based on...", then restarted my computer. I don't want to see the scroll bars all the time but now I can't hide them anywhere. It seems "Always on" amd "Automatically based on..." now do the same thing. Serious bug.

Any hints? Thanks

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2017 12:12 PM

Thanks. Basic concept worked for me. I've never had this problem, before Jun2017 with my '09 mini, and I've been flailing a while with all the online advice I've read. Magic Mouse scrolled fine in other iCal views and all other apps but refused in month view.

I put an instant sleep in the corner, and one sleep with wake by pushing the mouse and the scroll was back on as normal.

56 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2017 12:12 PM in response to tobor68

Thanks. Basic concept worked for me. I've never had this problem, before Jun2017 with my '09 mini, and I've been flailing a while with all the online advice I've read. Magic Mouse scrolled fine in other iCal views and all other apps but refused in month view.

I put an instant sleep in the corner, and one sleep with wake by pushing the mouse and the scroll was back on as normal.

Oct 26, 2013 8:07 PM in response to macjack

Nope. Same thing. The "on-demand" scroll bar setting is not working. The scroll bar is now always on in every application regardless of the setting in System Preferences EXCEPT in Calendar Month view. Scrolling in Calendar in general seems to be buggy all around.

Also just upgraded from ML.

Nov 11, 2013 6:40 AM in response to OOO

My Mavericks won't scroll through months. Have to resort to the left & right arrows either side of today.

I've had a *lot* of problems with the mouse on Mavericks. Firefox occasionally stops scrolling -- other applications work fine, but Firefox stops. Have to quit & restart to get it working again. Also loads of problems with VMWare and mouse clicking.

What's common... Mavericks.

Nov 21, 2013 12:13 AM in response to eaumack

This is odd, but the calendar scrolling in Month view is working on my machine. It's been through various reboots - and I checked the disc (SSD) and permissions.

Seems to me that the calendar application is sensitive to the scrolling.

Also, I've been suffering from Firefox vertical scrolling stopping. The "fix" is to quit & restart Firefox. However... this scroll-crashing behaviour goes away for a few days then comes back with a vengence. Again, I've a feeling that a full reboot seems to help things.

Yet another mouse-related problem I've been having is with VMWare. These frequently interpret a single-click as a double-cliick or even triple-click. Some chatter in the VMWare forums about this too.

All of this behaviour *never* ocurred prior to the Mavericks upgrade.

Continuous scrolling not working in Calendar month view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.