Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 iTunes Crashes

As long as I don't try to access iTunes store, I can open iTunes. I've deleted every trace of iTunes, including the users/username/AppData/AppleComputer/Local and Roaming folders,and everything in MyMusic folder except for the music and re-downloaded and re-installed and it crashes. Now it won't even come up to local iTunes without trying to access the iTunes Store and it crashes, so now it is completly unusable on my laptop. It worked fine in Windows 8, so it is definately Windows 8.1 upgrade. Any ideas how to fix or does Apple have to "fix" Microsoft's problem?

Windows 8

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 8:26 AM

4 replies

Nov 1, 2013 9:02 PM in response to TheIronhelix

I have tried every solution available and I am still having problems with i-tunes. This really ***** because I was actually starting to like some of the stuff they have available.

As soon as I upgraded my windows 8 to 8.1, itunes started crashing when I went to access the store.

As of late, I cant access anything because as soon as it opens, it asks me to verify my credit card info, and when it attempts to access the credit card form it crashes. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, copied and pasted and done all that is available, but i still have the same problem. I have a 64 bit machine and even tried using the 64 bit version of itunes.

This is really starting to suck because before this, I had never used i tunes and after this, i probably never will again. Thank you windows for not only ruining my itunes experience, but for screwing up my google chrome experience as well. Pretty soon, I will be done with you all together.

Unix is really sounding good about now

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 iTunes Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.