Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share a project in FCPX

I wish to Burn a project to DVD and have sued Share and send to Master File for onward burning.

My project is of a holiday with transitions, titles, music etc and lasts 44 minutes.

Problem is when I go to the Master File where it is saved and then burn it to DVD it is asking for 10 discs!!

Project is showing a resolution of 1920x1080 and was recorded on a Panasonic video recorder in 1080i.

How can I change the resolution etc. to be able to burn it to just one disc??

Thank You

I am using a brand new iMac 27inch with Mountain Lion

IMac2.7, Mac OS X (10.6), Snow Leopard

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 10:22 AM

DerekBradley wrote:

Problem is when I go to the Master File where it is saved and then burn it to DVD it is asking for 10 discs!!

obviously, you're using the Finder's ability to burn discs ... DATA-disks!

video-Discs have to created with some DVD-authoring app, as iDVD.

This will convert your 40GBs HDef proRes file into some ~3.xGB, standard conform SDef disk - fitting on any single-layer disk ...

If your Mac came without iDVD pre-installed (most probably), read my user tip here

I don't have iDVD on my new Mac - how do I get it?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2013 10:22 AM in response to DerekBradley

DerekBradley wrote:

obviously, you're using the Finder's ability to burn discs ... DATA-disks!

video-Discs have to created with some DVD-authoring app, as iDVD.

This will convert your 40GBs HDef proRes file into some ~3.xGB, standard conform SDef disk - fitting on any single-layer disk ...

If your Mac came without iDVD pre-installed (most probably), read my user tip here

I don't have iDVD on my new Mac - how do I get it?

Share a project in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.