Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks bugs

I have just updated to OS X Mavericks and i have some issues. First the volume buttons are not responsive. Second some application icons in Launchpad appear blank. Is there a solution or shall i wait for an update?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2.4 GHz modell with 8GB RAM

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 10:12 AM

9 replies

Oct 26, 2013 11:45 AM in response to elias03120

The first may be one of the most common bugs that has happened in numerous updates. The Audio Midi Setup application needs to be reset. If you used a Launchpad editor that may cause the icons to go blank. I did, and that's what happened to me. Navigating the Launchpad with the arrow keys seems to restore the icons as well.

If you aren't using a Launchpad editor, let me know, and I can link your thread to a bug report I've already submitted to Apple.

Oct 31, 2013 5:50 AM in response to elias03120

I had such problems and endless more after updating to OS X 10.9.

I wish I could reload OS X10.8. The new operating system is full of surprises, a few unnecessary changes or useless things added. This is in total divergence of the old Apple philosophy. After OS X 10.5 any update exponentially increased the number of problems!

- That a number of Apps did not work for a while, was a relatively minor problem!

- reinstalling a new Canon network printer took me sidelong recommendations from Canon to clean the library and I had to use Terminal commands (arp, ping) and auxiliary programs to get it working. This is not how Apple lovers work...

- Baffling error messages (drive already in use...??) appear after first time use of the internal CD/DVD Drive for burning an audio CD. However, turning off and on the iMac 27 i7 let me use the burner again, but...

- after this, my external archives – both WD MyBook Thunderbolt Duo worked perfektly under 10.9 for a few weeks - lost their RAID1 status and changed to single status while I don't have access to the data any more! WD already gave alarm, but I guess, Apple screwed it all up...

Nov 10, 2013 5:15 AM in response to elias03120

Here are some bugs I'm having and would like to add to this thread:

1) am/pm in menubar vanishes after wake from sleep

2) launchpad doesn't swipe to next page if you swipe slowly

3) browsers keep playing the same YouTube video even if the rest of the page has changed to the other video's link that I had clicked

4) Disk Utility "zoom" animation on launch always gets stuck

5) Battery's "Time Remaining" value seems incorrect. iStatMenus does a better job at this.

6) Sometimes shutdown times are as long as 15 seconds

7) This is rare but I have seen my dock icons hiding behind the dock twice since Mavericks launched. Maybe they're shy of the water 😝

Nov 10, 2013 1:30 PM in response to elias03120

Since I had downloaded MAVERICKS, my brand new laptop has slowed down tremendously, it turned from a Porsche into a snail. Firefox freezes all the time, can't use it anymore.

I can't unzip wetransfer files anymore. It seems that many applications just stopped working or act strangely. I do spent more time waiting that something moves than actually be working. Does anyone have similar experiences and knows how to solve the "slow down" problem. Is there a way back to the old system? I have no idea what they actaully tried to accomplish with this Mavericks update,it is just a disaster.😕

Nov 10, 2013 6:23 PM in response to elias03120

It is doubtful any of your bugs will be noticed in this forum by anyone who can fix them unless you sign up for a free http://developer.apple.com account and post them to http://bugreporter.apple.com

They may also get noticed on http://www.apple.com/feedback but you will not get a response there.

You are posting to a user to user forum. And unless you start your own thread with questions how to solve your problems here, you are unlikely to get a response that comes to a resolution.

Mavericks bugs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.