Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 7th generation won't sync podcast nor videos

I bought just this week an iPod 7th generation because I loved the idea that I could watch videos in my iPod! Unluckily, when I tried to sync a video and three episodes of podcast, right after I click the "sync" button, a message pops up saying that my video and podcasts cannot be copied to my iPod because "it cannot be played on this iPod"!! I was amazed because supposedly this iPod DOES play videos and podcast... but mine doesn't? 😟

iPod nano

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 10:04 AM

1 reply

Oct 26, 2013 6:44 PM in response to JoseBat

Not all iTunes video can be transferred to iPod, please make sure your video is compatible with iPod. If the video resolution or video bit rate beyond iPod limitation, you can't upload them to iPod. For example, some iTunes purchased movie are High definition movie, the resolution is too high to play on iPod Nano. You can highlight the problem video in iTunes and choose Create iPod or iPhone version from the Advanced drop down menu. When the conversion process has completed, sync the new version to your iPod. Or you may refer to this guide, it's about how to convert and put videos on iPod Nano. Hope it helps. Feel free to email me if you need further help.

iPod 7th generation won't sync podcast nor videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.