Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover Pages 4.8 - Page Layout?

I just upgraded to Pages 5.0 and discovered no more Page Layout templates or functions. I really need to downgrade back to 4.8 to have this restored, I use it all the time in my business instead of InDesign because it is so perfectly tuned to what I do and how I think. Please suggest how to downgrade.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 10:45 AM

Pages 4.8 never existed so I gather you mean Pages 4.3. Take look in the Application folder. You might still hae it there. At least if you originaly installed iwork from a dvd. I am not sure what happens to Pages 4.3 installed from the MacAppStore.

13 replies

Oct 26, 2013 11:16 AM in response to fruhulda

Thanks Fruhulda, yes my typo on 4.8, it's actually 4.3. And, yes, based on your welcome post, I could restore 4.3 (or Pages 09) from Applications>iWork>Pages was still there. So I swapped it back to the Dock and removed Pages 5.0, as well as the other new (Oct 22 2013) iWork apps. If Pages is so bad, maybe Keynote and Numbers are degraded, too. I'll work later on figuring that out and just play it safe for now by not using those.

Nov 2, 2013 12:05 AM in response to fruhulda

I'm not entirely sure, as I upgraded from a version installed from DVD. However, I've seen several people reporting in other Pages threads , including one just a few minutes ago, that they did not have an iWork '09 folder and the older apps after updating apps downloaded individually from the App Store. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5471996 - see 2nd post on second page (last post at the moment).

Nov 2, 2013 3:49 AM in response to i-glu

You can't really expect that you should have the Numbers 09 in the folder when you never bought it! It isn't a free application.

It sounds to me that you have bought the Number 3.0 and that version will not land in the iWork folder but in the application folder just like the Pages 5.0 and Keynote 6.0

Numbers 09 is version 2.0.5

Nov 23, 2013 12:08 PM in response to i-glu

You can't.

You didn't own it previously, so there is no downgrade option, save going and buying the physical disk and installing from that. Amazon.com are still selling it for a very reasonable $26.99 if you live in the US. In Canada it's $34.99 and in the UK it's £37.40. There are no doubt some on eBay and elsewhere as well.

How do I recover Pages 4.8 - Page Layout?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.