Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I convert iMovie 9 projects to iMovie 10 projects?

A couple of days ago I upgraded from iMovie (version 9) to iMovie (version 10) and I need to import all my old projects into the new iMovie. I can't see any straightforward way of doing this, and I can't find any support page for this.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

AtomicWasp.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 12:54 PM

File>Update Projects and Events.

7 replies

Jul 29, 2014 9:28 AM in response to mtstaffa

If you look inside your iMovie Projects folder, do you see a file named UpdatedToiMovie10. If you do, move this file out of the iMovie projects folder. It is this file that I think disables iMove 10's ability to update projects.

The folder named iMovie Events could also have an UpdatedToiMovie10 file in. If the file is present, move this out of the folder also, but you might want to add a '1' to the end of its name to avoid confusion with the Projects UpdatedToiMovie10 file.

If neither of these files are present, then tell me this, and I'll see how to solve the problem.

How do I convert iMovie 9 projects to iMovie 10 projects?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.