Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote unable to use one recording channel only?

Hello,

I am currently recording with a Roland UA-25EX, which sends 1 channel of audio to my computer.

All other programs simply duplicate the audio on both left and right channels to generate a stereo signal.

However, Keynote seems unable to do this, and will try to generate a mono-audio output, even when asked to export to QuickTime.

This means that the audio will only play on my left speaker / left headphone, instead of on both.

I wonder if this is a problem in Keynote, or whether I am missing something.

Any help would be appreciated, as right now I cannot record my lectures with Keynote!

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jose

Keynote 6-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 11:53 AM

4 replies

Oct 5, 2016 7:03 AM in response to ShanghaiBob

the only fix is to have the Keynote programmers add dual channel

Recording and playing back audio is not handled by Keynote at all, QuickTime core component does this.

I can't believe it's not there already?

It is.

By default Keynote versions 5, 6 and 7 plays back dual mono from a single track recording from a mono USB device to both left and right outputs.

Have you checked the settings in Applications > Utilities > Audio Setup for the output device used?

Keynote unable to use one recording channel only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.