Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maverick upgraded corrupt email app how do I repair mail app?

Exception error in mail app. Now mail will open but clicking on an email causes an exception in com. Apple.*.* It is a thread error relative to color.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 12:34 PM

4 replies

Jan 6, 2014 10:51 AM in response to CatLvr

NOTE: This fixed my issue & you do not need to restart your computer, simply quiting Mail and Reopening will rebuild the folder structure. I would also advise not trashing com.apple.mail. in case you want to reuse it, I simply moved it to the desktop and then moved it back into Library/containers.

I had issues as well. Not as fatal as many of the reported so I did not want to rebuild and reinstall everything, we're talking lots of signatures for many companies etc. I simply followed the instructions above to remove the folder and quickly found that I lost all my mail boxes and signatures. Luckily I never trashed the original, so I just moved it back in and for some reason this fixed my issue.

Just to be clear, my issue was not being able to place my cursor in the text field of the body and edit the text I was looking at. The cursor would be 5+ characters off. Very hard to explain the issue, but if you are seeing something similar this explanation will make sense.

Mar 20, 2014 12:01 PM in response to CatLvr

I was having a problem where my emails were not display correctly (the encoding was incorrectly set) and I was getting a bunch of 'A' with a square around it instead of the text. This only happened with some messages. Some messages were OK when I first read them and later on they were unreadable.

Moving this directory also fixed my problem.

Maverick upgraded corrupt email app how do I repair mail app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.