Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 7.0.3 wifi Bluetooth issues

I m using iOS 7.0.3 now on my iphone 4s since last upgrade to iOS 7 my wifi is greyed out it worked first week well one day my phone went off I put it back on no wifi no Bluetooth I m 100% sure it's something to do with new softwear iOS 7 please apple fix this problem ASAP

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 12:24 PM

22 replies

Oct 26, 2013 1:57 PM in response to Qasid121

If the device is under warranty and there is a defect, Apple will replace it for free. However, if the device is out of warranty, for an iPhone 4S, the cost in the US is $149. You can use this to see what the cost would be in your area by just changing the location. http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=ipho ne

Oct 31, 2013 12:06 AM in response to Qasid121

I guess this is not hardware because I have the same problem. Since this morning WiFi grayed out. It was working perfectly until last night. I hard reboot it, put it in airplane mode and turned the Do not disturb mode on, let it rest for 15 mins, I totaly erased it and performed a software restore... in a few words I followed every provided on the internet "recipe". WiFi refuses to work.

Nov 4, 2013 11:58 AM in response to Qasid121

I am having iphone 4s. I have upgraded it IOS 7.0.3 after that I started facing issue with wifi access. My phone always drop connection to the wifi. While trying to connect, always I got error message as "Unable to connect to wifi". Is there any way I can go back to ios 7.0.2 or any fix to this issue? If I keep on trying, after 20-25 attempts, it will get connected to wifi but again will drop it and same issue reoccurs.

Help is highly appreciated as I used to work from phone and it's stopped as it is not getting connected to wifi.

Nov 5, 2013 7:18 AM in response to Qasid121

Hi Guys - It happened the same to me. After a couple of days after upgrading to 7.0.3 my iPhone 4S grayed the WiFi switch.

Somehow, after trying several things, now the Switch is not grayed anymore, but it does not detect any WiFi signal. And when it detects a signal, it does not connect.

Obviously is not a HW problem. Does anybody know if Apple is going to take action over this BIG issue?

Thanks,

Ariel

Nov 5, 2013 5:43 PM in response to Qasid121

I upgraded to an iPhone 5S and have had issues with my hands free bluetooth. I even have a new car audio system so my old iPhone 4 settings have never been in the new unit. I cannot get the hands free to work on a consistent basis. They pair but most of the time I cannot use my voice activated feature in my car. The same thing happened in my old car audio system once I upgraded to the 5S. I know it is in the 5S. I am going to call Apple support. Anyone else having the same problem?

Nov 16, 2013 9:17 AM in response to unixtcp

The way to handle this is when you get into the car you go to settings on the iPhone then tap on Bluetooth. Then the hands free voice activation will work. But you have to do it every time. But it is a workaround. I have contacted Apple and explained to the that when the iPhone 5s was first paired with the car I saw where the Hans free said no. And there was no way to change that. Apple needs to fix that but then we would have to reinitialize the car radio and start from scratch.

Dec 26, 2013 7:16 PM in response to Qasid121

I am having this issue as well. But here's a twist :

I encountered this issue (Bluetooth perpectually in seeking mode, wifi cannot be activated) after upgrading the Iphone 5 to IOS 7.0.3. (The update happened in Singapore).

Then, I flew to Hongkong for my holiday.

I was surprised to find that there were pockets of time when I could receive wifi (plus bluetooth was in non seeking mode - albeit in the settings app, things were moving slower than usual).

This happened in Airplane mode (I didn't want to incur any data roaming costs overseas, as an added measure; even though I had data roaming turned off as well).

In those pockets of times, everything worked perfectly well again.

Then, for some inexplicable reason, the phone lost its head again, and went into bluetooth searching-wifi unactivatable mode.

For what it's worth, perhaps this phenomenon I surfaced here, could help the Apple guys troubleshoot better.

PS : I am FULLY CONVINCED this phenomenon was caused by the IOS update, and that the software is the culprit.

Jan 5, 2014 4:06 PM in response to claytonetheriff

My wifi on my 4s was fried after the IOS 6.0.3 upgrade. My blue tooth is also fried. It just spins. I've done the reset and everything else they recommend. I called a local cell repair place with a good reputation and they said they can't fix it. Apples tells me it's an isolated issue. Not very common. Apple's software updates have cause Apple's hardware to fail, but it's not Apple's fault? http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-censors-news-that-ios-7-upgrade-disables-wi fi-on-some-iphones-2013-10

We're certainly not alone!

IOS 7.0.3 wifi Bluetooth issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.