Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari on Mavericks unresponsive

I recently downloaded OS X Mavericks. I'm running it on an older 2010 Macbook (not the Pro). Safari works fine until I click off of safari and bring another app up over the window. At that point safari does the battery saving trick where the window turns grey (as it does in the background usually), however, once i go back to safari it remains completely unresponsive so that I cannot pull up any new windows or interact with the windows already open. I can interact with the setting such as on the bar at the top, but i cannot interact with any new windows opened through those settings. Everytime this happens, which is every time I use safari, I am forced to quit safari completely (note: I cannot close, minimize, or maximize any windows) and re-open it. I know that it is a problem only with Safari because all my other internet browsers (chrome and firefox) work just fine.

I have tried:

- resetting safari (failed)

- repairing my disk (failed)

- opening safari with different users (failed)

- Eliminating different plug-ins (failed)

- Restarting my computer multiple times (failed)

- Checking for updates (there are none)

If you have any ideas on how to fix this problem please let me know,

thank you

MacBook, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 12:58 PM

4 replies

Safari on Mavericks unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.