Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Writing full keyword hierarchy to masters

I've assigned hierarchical keywords to the vast majority of my images and am looking for a way to write the full hierarchy when exporting. For example, I'll attach "sculptures", which defines the relationship "civilization" -> "objects" -> "scupltures". Aperture has only ever written "sculptures" when exporting. I'd looking to write something like "civilization|objects|sculptures" to the file so that other applications can understand the hierarchy. Any ideas? Could this be done with AppleScript?

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 1:24 PM

Any easy way would be to rename your keywords:

For example, I'll attach "sculptures", which defines the relationship "civilization" -> "objects" -> "scupltures".

Replace the keyword "sculptures" by "civilization-objects-scupltures" and "objects" by "civilization-objects". This can be done in the Keywords HUD. Since epxorting always adds the most specific keyword in the hierarchie, in this case "civilization-objects-scupltures", your exported image will carry the full set of keywords.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2013 1:24 PM in response to Andreas Yankopolus

Any easy way would be to rename your keywords:

For example, I'll attach "sculptures", which defines the relationship "civilization" -> "objects" -> "scupltures".

Replace the keyword "sculptures" by "civilization-objects-scupltures" and "objects" by "civilization-objects". This can be done in the Keywords HUD. Since epxorting always adds the most specific keyword in the hierarchie, in this case "civilization-objects-scupltures", your exported image will carry the full set of keywords.

Writing full keyword hierarchy to masters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.