Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My remote doesn't work anymore

All of the problems, I think, stem from an issue with my apple ID(s). After restoring my 2nd Gen AppleTV, I cannot get the remote to work. Actually, the remote itself (Model # a1294) hasn't work properly for awhile. I had been using the remote app on my phone, and it had been working fine. I had an issue with my laptop (which all my devices were synced with) and had to replace it. Ever since I've replaced my laptop, I'm unable to get my Apple TV to work properly.

After restoring it, I can take the box to my tv and get the setup screen (asking about languages). The remote that came with the box doesn't work. We've replaced the battery on the remote with no change. I have tried re-pairing the remote with the AppleTV box without response. The remote app on my phone only shows a blue screen and says "Turn on Home Sharing in iTunes on your computer or on Apple TV using the account ... [my account]". Home sharing is ON. Ive checked multiple times. I've verified the account. Sometimes it pops up the library on my computer, but never shows the apple tv device

I'm getting to my wits end.

Issues:

• Aluminum remote doesn't work
    • even when the battery has been changed
    • tried pairing the remote with the apple tv by pressing and holding the menu + Right buttons for 6 seconds, no change
  • Apple ID has changed since the last time Apple TV worked properly
  • Laptop has changed since the last time Apple TV worked properly
  • Internet connection has changed since Apple TV worked properly
    • explains why Apple TV isn't responding to prompts on my computer
    • explains why Apple TV isn't responding to prompts via the remote app on my phone

Is there any way to get this whole setup working again? I'm half a step from tossing it and getting a Roku box.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 1:49 PM

There are no replies.

My remote doesn't work anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.