Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm unable to access my iCloud Keychain, or add devices because I'm not receiving the verification number via phone as I put my Google Voice number.

I installed Mavericks, set up the iCloud keychain step by step. I was asked to link a phone number to it, and so I gave my Google Voice number. I know some systems don't allow for these kinds of numbers to work, but usually it's a two step verification - You put in your number, they send you a message with a code to verify this is indeed your number and you put in the correct phone number and voila it's linked.
A) It automatically accepted my phone number as is without verifying it
B) I'm not unable to verify my icloud Keychain account on other devices

Now the next step, for some reason I kept having pop-ups from keychain that asked me to put in passwords that over and over again. I couldn't find a solution so I re-installed Maveriks and did a time-machine reinstal. Which means now I can't verify access to iCloud keychain through any device at all. How can I reset everything and put in my real phone number?

I know my itunes/icloud user name and password and the 4 digit lock code for iCloud Keychain.

Appreciate the help!

OS X Mavericks (10.9), iCloud, Keychain

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 1:54 PM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2015 1:27 PM in response to gj32

I installed Mavericks, set up the iCloud keychain step by step. I was asked to link a phone number to it, and so I gave my Google Voice number. I know some systems don't allow for these kinds of numbers to work, but usually it's a two step verification - You put in your number, they send you a message with a code to verify this is indeed your number and you put in the correct phone number and voila it's linked.

Now the next step, for some reason I kept having pop-ups from keychain that asked me to put in passwords that over and over again. I couldn't find a solution so I re-installed Maveriks and did a time-machine reinstal. Which means now I can't verify access to iCloud keychain through any device at all. How can I reset everything and put in my real phone number?

I know my itunes/icloud user name and password and the 4 digit lock code for iCloud Keychain.

Appreciate the help!

Mar 29, 2015 1:29 PM in response to Lương Thiết

Appreciate the help!

I'm unable to access my iCloud Keychain, or add devices because I'm not receiving the verification number via phone as I put my Google Voice number.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.