Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What should we call Numbers 3.0?

It seems that we might benefit here in the Discussions by having a descriptive nickname for Numbers 3.0 to more easily differentiate it from Numbers 2.3. It's such a revolutionary app, what with its streamlined interface and inter-platform compatibility and collaborative possibilities, it deserves a more descriptive name.

Jerry

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 2:05 PM

8 replies

Oct 26, 2013 2:14 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Jerry,

Interesting idea.

Numbers Lite or Numbers for Nitwits somehow might not work.🙂

Maybe just call the new one Numbers (as the rest of the world will know it anyway) and come up with fond monicker for the old Numbers, which relatively small numbers of us will remember as time goes on and its days become ever more numbered. Numbers Classic?

SG

Oct 26, 2013 2:26 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Plain "Numbers" doesn't meet my criteria for disambiguation.

I like the first two better.

The first two do have their descriptive power, one must admit. But I wonder whether they are a "good fit" for their creator's vision of the future and the apparent direction of the market for computing devices in this (what was your term?) "share-o-sphere" world.🙂

SG

What should we call Numbers 3.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.