Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I made a new movie with Maverick, iMovie. How do I burn it to a DVD?

I made a movie with the new Maverick, iMovie. It had some new twists and turns but generally, I liked it and survived. I could not discover how to save it to iDVD. I want to make a DVD from my completed movie but can't figure out how. Share does not include a DVD option. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 2:27 PM

8 replies

Oct 26, 2013 3:46 PM in response to Henry Boneset

There are countless options, none of which involve IDVD, nor do you need same. There are far better easier to use options for burning movies for yourself or others.

Any modern DVD player can read MP4 media files fine on single layer DVD, look into Wondershare video converter or Iskysoft.

The position that "there is no satisfactory substitute for iDVD" is incorrect

😊

Dec 3, 2013 9:33 AM in response to Klaus1

If you have a newer computer, you no longer have iDVD. I had an enormous problelm after making a DVD. I finally had to log into the desktop remotely with the laptop, which still has iDVD, and then drop the file into iDVD and burn it from there.

You can re-install iDVD from iLife if you have the software, at least that's what I'm told.

I don't understand how you can make a movie and export the file, but you can't burn the movie to a DVD.

The other thing that I ended up doing was just loading the movie onto a Flash Drive. As long as the movie is under 4G, you can do that.

Dec 3, 2013 10:01 AM in response to Henry Boneset

iDVD still works fine in Mavericks, though not sold or supported by Apple any longer. Here is a step by step of how to use the new iMovie and iDVD to produce a fully working DVD:

1. Create a project in iMovie 10.0.1

2. Go to File>Share>File... and for Size choose Large 540P (960 x 540) and click Next

3. Choose a location on the hard drive to save the file to.

4. Wait for the blue circle activity indicator to finish.

5. In Finder, verify that iMovie created an MP4 file in the location specified in step 3.

6. Open iDVD and click "Create New Project."

7. Give the project a name and save it to your hard drive.

8. Drag the file you created earlier from the Finder into your iDVD project window.

(or go to File>Import>Video... and choose your video there)

9. Make any adjustments to drop zones, etc.

10. Click the burn button.

11. Insert a DVD and let it do its thing.

Enjoy!

iDVD is still a great program for burning DVDs.

I made a new movie with Maverick, iMovie. How do I burn it to a DVD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.